Monday, January 18, 2010

Pumpkin Ginger Spice Muffins

I love Pumpkin, I love ginger.  How can you go wrong with these?  I modified a recipe I found on the back of a Canola Oil bottle I found at my mom's house.  This makes about 1 1/2 dozen muffins, although I think you could stretch this to get 2 dozen.  Here it is:

4 eggs
1 1/2 cups cane sugar
1 cup flax seed meal (this replaces the oil)
1 15oz can pumpkin
3 cups all purpose flour (I think you could substitute whole wheat here, or a mix of whole wheat, oats and all purpose...yeah, that is my plan for next time)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 T ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup crystallized ginger, diced

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with liners.

Mix eggs, sugar, flax, and pumpkin.  Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, allspice, salt, and nutmeg.  Stir until combined.  Fold in crystallized ginger.  Divide batter between 18 muffin cups.  Well, do as many as you can get from the batter, I got 18.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment